Tracking macros is stupid

So I’m being obnoxious but the fact is unless you are playing a sport that involves explosivity (sprinting, Olympic lifting) or endurance (cycling, marathon races) you do not need to obsess over how many carbs you are eating.

The battle of nutrition is fought in the trenches and it’s very hard to follow a consistent plan. So my advice is simply it until you have mastered the basics. Start with more sustainable approach – Flexible Dieting with an emphasis on total calories (portions), tracking protein consumption and 80% of your food being single ingredient foods and the other 20% being flexible.

Because if your goal is to simply be healthy and look better you just need to focus on total caloric intake, protein consumption and reducing processed foods. This is all you need to do build muscle and lose fat. I have clients also track fiber because it’s beneficial to health and also helps with nutrition selection – the kinds of foods you are eating.

I find that having to track protein, carbohydrates and fats, all with specific targets is everyday like a new Rubik’s cube. It’s unnecessarily complicated for everyday people. Having said this long term you want to have at least 10% of your calories being represented by every macronutrient, carbohydrates, fats and protein. If you consume less carbohydrates you will require more protein but if you’ve been following me for a while you are probably already eating .8x your body weight anyway.

#protein #proteinpowder #proteinshake #proteinsmoothie #humanimprovement #psylliumhusk #highprotein #proteinrich #proteinpacked #proteingoals #highprotein #proteinsnacks #healthylifestyle #healthyliving #dietingtips #caloriecount #caloriedeficit #caloriesincaloriesout #performancecoach #personaltrainer #nyctrainer #nycfitnesstrainer #nycfitfam

Similar Videos

Tatum Sharp

Director of Social Media

"For there is always light, if only we're brave enough to see it, if only we're brave enough to be it."
- Amanda Gorman

Tatum is the mastermind behind Jacob Zemer’s social media. Every post you come across has its journey through her creative touch. From crafting compelling content and refining videos and reels to composing captivating captions, overseeing videographers, and meticulously planning release schedules – she’s constantly immersed in curating the Jacob Zemer content that captivates our audience!

Away from the digital buzz of social media, Tatum enjoys taking the stage, wielding her bass in her hardcore band, Volition, and indulges her passion for all things horror by frequently cozying up with scary movies.


  • BS Exercise Science minor in Communications
  • EXOS Performance Specialist
  • ACE Group Fitness
  • Creative writing
  • Visual communication

Elise Ladaw

Director of Coaching

“Science is Stronger”

Elise’s primary role as Director of Coaching is to ensure that the coaching business runs smoothly and is driven by science based principles concerning nutrition and exercise science. Her goal is to continually work to enhance the overall client experience, educate the clientele, monitor key performance indicators related to the coaching services, and foster a company culture of continuous learning among coaching staff.

When Elise is not helping the company with all things coaching she is either in the gym lifting weights or taking long walks through the grocery store finding new tasty and macro friendly nutrition products.


  • BAS Food Science 
  • NQ NPC Figure Competitor 
  • ACE CPT 
  • J3 University

Michelle Freedman

Chief of Operations

“Practice not perfection”

Michelle holds a crucial position in supervising the daily operations, aiming for operational efficiency, fostering growth, and contributing to the achievement of the organization’s strategic objectives. Beyond providing structure, Michelle is actively involved in coaching and managing social media activities.

Away from refining policies and operations at Jake Zemer, LLC, you’ll discover Michelle outdoors, often barefoot with her kettlebells, engaging in adventures alongside her husband, two children, and two bulldogs.


  • BFA Graphic Design 
  • 10 years Corporate Fitness Management 
  • ACE CPT & GFI 
  • ACE Nutrition Specialist 
  • Kettlebell Master Instructor 
  • FMS I & II
  • USA Weightlifting 
  • Pre/Post Natal Certified  
  • TRX 
  • Schwinn & Maddog Cycling